The Kuehn Family

Jourdan and I met in college through a mutual friend in 2001. We were engaged in 2005 and married on February 24, 2007. On September 7, 2009 we welcomed our daughter, Kayleigh. We had lived in the San Antonio/New Braunfels area since 2002 and now we are living in the Frisco area. We are very blessed.

Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Amazing, Disappearing Pants Trick

Kayleigh has always been really good about going to bed. Lately her game has been that she can't decide which lovey to bring to bed so she stalls bedtime. I give a warning that mommy is leaving and she says "Okay, Mommy, want elephant" then when I grab it, she says "No, not that elephant. No wantie". Stinker! But even with the evolution of this new 'game' I've always wanted her to be able to put herself to sleep without me and we don't go back in after we leave. She will sometimes talk and play in her crib (yes, we're still in a crib- and she'll stay there until she figures out she can climb out). but she almost always is just fine after we say goodnight. Last night she talked for quite awhile. She sounded really wound up on the monitor. Then she started calling for me. "Mommy, Mommyyyyyyyyyy!" She usually doesn't call for us, so I knew something was up. When I walked in this is what I saw:

Yes, that's Kayleigh proudly waving around a diaper. She looks a little insulted here that I left the room and came back in with the camera. So I see the diaper. Then I start wondering how the diaper got there. And I look down to see where the diaper was....

Yes, those are her jammy pants inside-out and both legs in one pant-leg, like a little mermaid. I busted out laughing and yelled to Jourdan to come up and check it out. Luckily nothing 'happened' in the crib while she had her pants off. But apparently she took off her pants, then her diaper and tried to rectify the situation herself.

Help Mommy!

And here we are correcting the situation. Yes, I know she's WAAY too big for her changing table, but we still use it out of habit because it's pretty much the only place I can change her and she won't try to roll around to get away from me.

I put everything back on and put her back to bed. She went to sleep without incident, but in the morning when I went to check on her she had taken her diaper off again. Hint, hint, mommy. Time to get on that potty training I guess... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment