Well, we've been slacking lately and I haven't had a chance to update the blog!
To start off, we had a great visit with Jourdan's parents who came down to visit to go to the State Fair. It was perfect to go as a group so we could all sample the fried goodness and not spend a ton of money. We have been to many fairs and this one did not disappoint. We went early to beat the crowd and to try and accommodate K's nap schedule. She ended up falling asleep while strolling around so it didn't matter but you never know how she will do. :) K's favorite part was the petting zoo. She loves animals and has no fear when it comes to them. As we were walking around, Jourdan pointed out a mean-looking Ostrich in a cage nearby. K runs right up to it and it pecks her hand. She was very upset and kept saying "Mommy, Ostrich not nice!!!" She quickly got over it and has since been to a petting zoo at the Celina Balloon Festival and she isn't scarred for life.
K enjoying the petting zoo
General Fair Silliness
And now for what you really wanted to know about- the fried foods. We tried a really random assortment of things that included, Fried Frito Pie, Fried Latte, Fried Bacon, Fried Cookie Dough, Fried Strawberry Waffle Balls, Fried S'mores, Fried Chicken Skin, and Fried Banana Pudding. The Fried Bacon was my favorite. Woohoo!
Sampling some goodies
Now on to Halloween.
Now that K is very opinionated, I knew that her costume had to be something she would agree to wear. I'm not big on some of those cheesy costumes from the costume shops so I figured I'd just go easy and get her an Old Navy costume since they have good prices and they're cute. J and I looked online one night and agreed we thought the monster costume was really funny but I would take her and let her pick out which one she liked because there were so many cute ones to choose from. She and I went to Old Navy one Saturday and she sprinted to the monster costume (which was the last one left and it was in her size- a sign!) She yelled "Mommy, Mostah! Mostah!" She had to carry it around the store and even on the way home. I let her try it on a couple times before Halloween and to practice her best monster "Rawr!". I ended up having to hide it in the hall closet because she always wanted to wear it. My parents and grandparents ended up coming down for a visit on Halloween weekend so they got to be here to see her Trick or Treating. She was barely walking last year and still had major stranger anxiety so she didn't really get much out of trick or treating. Also this year, we decided to step it up a notch and try to carve a Mickey Mouse pumpkin for Kayleigh since she loves Mickey. Jourdan was skeptical once he saw the pattern but it turned out awesome and Kayleigh loved it!!
On Halloween, which as you know was a workday this year, she was SO excited to go was ready "Mommy, I go trick or treating!" We noticed other kids outside early so we decided to join too. She was going 90 miles an hour, at the first house she practiced saying "Trick or Treat!" and .... no one answered.... On to the next house, also no answer. Finally at the 3rd house, the door opens and a barking yippy dog sprints out at us. K lunges at me and I hit her in the head with the camera that was around my neck. Ahhh let the crying commence..... We go on to the next house where they were sitting outside. She wanted my to carry her (still shaken up). They give her candy and she immediately understands what's going on. "Mommy, open candy!" From then on she was good and wanted to stop and sample all the candy along the way.
asking for me to open the candy
Mommy, Daddy, and K
Ding-Dong
Showing her stash to her Great Grandma and Grandpa
Showing the goods to Grandma












No comments:
Post a Comment