Well, again I am behind on blogging. We are so blessed that Colton Walker is here! I was induced at 39 weeks on August 30th. The induction went really smoothly- it was just long. They started the pitocin around 8:30 am. I felt great and was able to just wait around for most of the morning. The nurses come to check on you periodically and up the pitocin dosage. They kept asking if I needed the epidural yet, but I felt great. Around noon my pitocin was 'up all the way' and we just had to wait for me to finish dilating. Around 3:30 I had enough and was ready for the epidural. It made my blood pressure crash and then I was able to take a nap. Around 7pm I was finally dilated to a 10, but Colton was still high up. Around 10pm he was finally low enough to push. It only took about 2 pushes and sweet baby boy was here. He was 8lbs 1.5oz and 21.25 inches long. He was healthy and just amazing. Our doctor, nurses, and everyone were just great. Kayleigh is so excited to be a big sister. She is not jealous at all and loves to help.

Already smiling. :) (or tooting, I'm sure)
Proud parents
Kayleigh meeting Colton for the first time. Makes my heart happy!
No comments:
Post a Comment