The Kuehn Family

Jourdan and I met in college through a mutual friend in 2001. We were engaged in 2005 and married on February 24, 2007. On September 7, 2009 we welcomed our daughter, Kayleigh. We had lived in the San Antonio/New Braunfels area since 2002 and now we are living in the Frisco area. We are very blessed.

Monday, November 19, 2012

Kayleigh Says the Darndest Things

As someone who works with children, I know they say some pretty hilarious stuff. As it turns out, I have a particularly interesting kid who says some pretty outrageous things. Usually when I'm talking with her I have 1 of 2 emotions- either laughter or awe. Life is never dull. Just the other day I was on feeding Colton on the couch. Kayleigh had been dancing around me asking if she could have a pop-tart over and over (picture that little chihuahua that dances around the bulldog in those old cartoons). I was trying to check my email at work while feeding Colton and was admittedly half-listening to Kayleigh (yes, half-listening is a thing- it's where you listen enough to get an essence of what is going on. Wait, does that make me a terrible person?) Finally I said "Kayleigh, I don't know, go ask Daddy." She started to walk away, then she turned around and said "Well, I'd rather just ask myself."

Christmas is my very favorite holiday and I'm so excited that this year Kayleigh is old enough to be really in to it. We have been talking a lot about Jesus and the other components of Christmas. This prompted a conversation about heaven and death. She then wanted to know about when she will get to go to heaven and when people die etc. That prompted a conversation about living and non-living things. Then she said "Mom, an animal is alive, can they die?" I reminded  her that our beloved pets, Miller and Gringo had passed away and were in heaven. I told her that it is sad when someone dies because we can't see them everyday like we used to. She immediately said "Well, we can see them one day in heaven!" So true, Kayleigh. After talking some more she said "Mom, when I was a little baby, my mouth died" bahahahah! Then I said, "Oh, really?" and her reply was "Well, I didn't have any teeth." Looks like this concept may need to be covered again.

In part of our Christmas talks, I've been telling her we would go see Santa soon and she needed to think of one thing to tell Santa that she would like him to bring her if she is a good girl. This is the first year she has actually 'asked' for anything. I asked her what she thinks she'll say to Santa. Without skipping a beat, she said "Well, I will ask him if he can please bring me a fairy costume." Yes!!!! I did a little cheer inside as mommy already raided the Halloween clearance rack and a Tinkerbell costume sits in our closet. Then she continued..."A REAL fairy costume. Then when I put it on I will fly all around." I laughed and said, "Well, Kayleigh people can't really fly." Then she said "Yes, I know that mom. That's why I need Pixie dust too. Yep, I'll ask Santa for a fairy costume WITH pixie dust. Then I can fly." hahah, I have to admit, her logic is pretty sound. Now I better start thinking of a lie why her costume won't 'work' once she opens it. :) Oh, Kayleigh- love that girl.

1 comment:

  1. I love that girl too! I love hearing her words of wisdom:) Hugs and kisses to her!!

    ReplyDelete